How to make a wrap around granny square cushion cover.
This is the easiest, fastest cushion cover,
that I have ever made and it is such fun!
1. Make a granny square using as many colours as you wish.
Please notice that my square is perfectly square
and does not have that horrid twist that some people find in their work.
If you would like to find out how I make my granny square
and learn a useful trick, you can read my tutorial
2. Keep making your granny square
until it is big enough to wrap around your cushion.
Note that when placed diagonally on the square
the diagonal of the cushion is the same length as my square.
3. Wrap the square around the cushion,
noticing that I have a little gap between the edges.
This is perfect as a little stretch to join the edges,
will ensure a perfect snug fit on your cushion.
4. Crochet together the 2 edges starting from the corner.
I have used UK dc through both loops for a good strong join.
If this method is new to you, you may like to read a joining tutorial
5. This makes a ridge on the top.
Notice how I continued over the centre onto the 2nd half.
6. Join again in the 2nd direction, crocheting over the previous join.
(If preferred you could sew the edges together.)
7. Tadaa! Now you have a cushion cover!
8. You can choose to join using your last colour
or an alternative colour for a different effect.
9. This really does make a perfectly shaped cushion
with 90 degree corners and perpendicular sides.
Its is so easy and addictive, beware you will make many!
Patchwork House is full of cushions!
I will always make more!
If you have enjoyed my tutorial, please consider making a small donation,
to support my work here at Patchwork House.
You will find a PayPal donate button on the sidebar.
My tutorials are all written for free and I post frequently on
to bring colour into your days.
Have fun hooking these beauties
X X X